- Update on September 15th, 2020: We will use USDC for Balancer, not USDT.
- Update on September 15th, 2020: Follow our Telegram announcements channel for updates.
Frontier is proud to announce that on Tuesday, September 15th, 2020, we will launch Frontier Token ($FRONT) on Uniswap, Mooniswap, and Balancer. Immediately following that, we will list on TomoDEX. And in the coming few days, we will list on Serum. $FRONT, the token that we have designed around incentivizing open finance, will be going first where it belongs: to a truly decentralized ecosystem.
Here’s exactly what you need to know to participate in the $FRONT token launch:
The first token listings will happen approximately Tuesday, September 15th, 2020, at 8:00 AM EST / 5:30 PM IST / 7:00 PM VN / 8:00 PM HK / 10:00 PM Sydney. We have created a countdown timer for the event.
Frontier Token is live on Ethereum mainnet. The smart contract address for FRONT is 0xf8C3527CC04340b208C854E985240c02F7B7793f. Please do not attempt to interact with any other token that contains a smart contract different than the one above.
We are sharing this address now so that all of our community members stay safe during what will be a volatile, excitement-filled launch. We also believe that nobody should have an unfair advantage when it comes to DEX listings. Everyone knows the smart contract address now with more than a day to prepare for the launch.
Frontier Token will launch on Uniswap, Mooniswap, and Balancer with the following initial liquidity:
- Uniswap: $50,000 USDT against 625,000 FRONT for a base price of $0.08 USDT per FRONT.
- Mooniswap: $50,000 USDT against 625,000 FRONT for a base price of $0.08 USD per FRONT.
- Balancer: $50,000 USDT against 625,000 FRONT for a base price of $0.08 USD per FRONT.
Shortly after launch, we will begin to distribute all tokens purchased in Private and Early Supporter rounds and an additional set of tokens for TomoDEX liquidity. The initial listing pair for FRONT on every single DEX will be USDT. During this process we will attempt to post DEX pool addresses to our Telegram channel the moment they are created for people who need assistance understanding where to go.
There is no KYC for this event. There is no minimum or maximum cap for this event. The base pair for pools will be USDT. You will need to ensure that you have enough ETH or SOL in your wallets to cover network transaction fees; however, the base pairs for Frontier Token on Uniswap, Balancer, Mooniswap, and TomoDEX will be USDT. The base pairs for Frontier Token on Serum DEX will be USDT and USDC.
The full token metrics for FRONT are here. While we understand that there will be a great deal of excitement around the token launch, we hope that FRONT’s distribution plans are explicitly understood:
- DEX liquidity bootstrapping phase: this portion is what most community refers to as the public “token sale.” This is the last piece of the puzzle and what the community has been waiting for.
- Early Supporter, Private, and Reserve distribution phase: this is the distribution of tokens to participants who purchased during Private and Early Supporter rounds and liquidity bootstrapping for TomoDEX, liquidity preparations for Serum, and a minimal emission delivered from Reserves.
- This entire process should take anywhere between thirty to ninety minutes, assuming that there are no issues with Ethereum’s network and that liquidity bootstrapping on DEX’s goes well.
- Community Drop winners will be contacted in the coming weeks.
On the Concept of Fairness
There is no complete fairness in crypto. It’s a meme. The fairest of “fair launches” in the space are unfair. With FRONT’s launch, though, we hope to level the playing field for the public distribution at least a bit through the following methods:
- Everyone now knows the smart contract address for FRONT.
- The public “sale,” which we continue to refer to as a distribution, will happen before sending tokens to Early Supporters or Private participants. The reason for this is simple: we must not have a third party front-running our listing efforts across multiple DEX’s at the same time.
- There is a very low possibility that a single actor can now take the entire Public portion of FRONT. It will be listed across multiple exchanges, allowing everyone to pick and choose where they'd like to play without worrying about a single bad actor eating the pie.
- On-chain auctions do not work well for us and create a price floor that we don't like. We made clear that the price of FRONT is 0.08 upon public launch and don't want to change it.
- First Come First Serve (“FCFS”) capped sales are also not great. They are essentially gas wars that add on an additional level of complication to the process. They also create a lot of chaos. To be fair, liquidity bootstrapping on DEX’s also feels like FCFS, so we aren't too harsh on this approach.
- IDO’s don't work super-well yet. We tried this many times under testing conditions and found that it’s not suitable for a full-on public launch. There are cases where IDO’s are fun, but not for an initial launch.
- IEO’s rely heavily on centralized exchanges and we’re a DeFi-first project.
- CEX auctions also rely on centralized exchanges. Again, we’re a DeFi project and must have broad on-chain distribution initially because we did the majority of our raise in Seed and Private.
There are merits to every single approach to launching a token, but for FRONT, we genuinely believe that doing an all-on DEX scatter first is best. Not only do we need enough FRONT distributed to enough wallets over time that our future mainnet is secure, but we also need to ensure that there’s not a single point of failure for the token. We hope that an initial Uniswap, Mooniswap, Balancer, TomoDEX, and Serum approach work well here. We'll see how it plays out!
In closing, we'd like to thank our backers and our community for supporting us during the last several months of this raise and launch process. The number of companies and individuals who have reached out to us to offer help has been beyond anything we could have imagined.
Please stay safe. Trust no information about the FRONT launch unless it comes from our official channels, and get ready for a fun September 15th!
Frontier is a chain-agnostic DeFi aggregation layer. To date, we have added support for DeFi on Ethereum, Binance Chain, BandChain, Kava, and Harmony. Via StaFi Protocol, we will enter into the Polkadot ecosystem, and we will now put vigorous efforts towards Serum.
With our applications, users can participate in protocol tracking and management, staking, best-rate asset swapping, liquidity provision, CDP creation & monitoring, and more.
In short, Frontierʼs core mission is to bring the essential pieces of DeFi to users across whichever platforms they prefer.